Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Becoming a skeleton

My original plans to create the skeleton were to utilise watercolour on newspaper, however I have since discovered Digital Art and now decided to layer a skeleton over a face in order represent death and decay. I will talk about the Digital Art movement in a later post.
Although  my final artwork will probably utilise an image of a person related to newspapers, such as Rupert Murdoch, I used my own photograph for the experimentation.

I started by downloading an image of a skull from the internet, from ZME Science (2012).


I then cropped and rotated this image and placed it over the top of my face, before placing another layer of my face over the top; essentially creating a sandwich.
This allowed me to gradually rub out areas of my face using a transparent rubber, to reveal the skeleton underneath. Thus providing the effect of a partly skeletonised face. By keeping the other layer of my face underneath, I was able to retrieve components where necessary, by rubbing out the skeleton. This is the effect I finished up with.

ZME Science (2012). 'Skeleton'. Viewed 28th November, 2012. Retrieved from: http://www.zmescience.com/research/studies/american-skull-get-bigger-432143/

0 comments:

Post a Comment